A Prince George's County Police Officer has been struck by a truck in Hyattsville. It happened shortly before 9 p.m. Friday at Lawrence Place and 52nd Ave.
HYATTSVILLE, Md. - A Prince George's County Police Officer has been struck by a truck in Hyattsville. It happened shortly before 9 p.m. Friday at Lawrence Place and 52nd Ave.
Police say the officer was investigating a suspicious occupied car and attempted to remove the driver. The man refused to get out and began to fight with the officer when a passing tow truck hit the officer.
Police say the tow truck stayed on scene.
The officer was conscious and experiencing leg and back pain when he was taken to hospital. He has non life threatening injuries.
The driver of the car was arrested by responding police. Police say they found drugs in his car.
Police say the tow truck driver will not be charged.
Story from ABC 7 NEWS
- ► 2016 (338)
- ► 2015 (423)
- ► 2014 (460)
- ► 2013 (525)
- ► 2012 (632)
- ► 2011 (485)
- National Police Week 2010 Events-Prince George's C...
- Thirty-Eight (38) New Officers Added to the Prince...
- Maryland Crime Victims' Resource Center Annual Cer...
- Prince George’s County Police Officers Honored Dur...
- Prince George’s County Police Sponsors Homes for “...
- 8th Annual Benefit Hockey Game
- Corporal Mark Gamble # 1946 Remembered
- Md. police chief reaches out to community for supp...
- Heather Soellner of 98.3 Star FM comments on Ride-...
- Md. department's Haitian Relief Unit: 'Policing fr...
- Fallen Prince George's Officer to be Honored
- Fallen Officer Thomas Jensen Name Engraved at FOP ...
- District II Cops Hosts"Kids Empowerment Camp"
- Prince George's County Officers Attend WMD Trainin...
- FOP 89 Lodge to Honor Cpl. Thomas Jensen
- Community Services Division Deliver Easter Baskets...
- Police Officer Struck By Tow Truck
- PGPD Explorer's Host Car Wash Fundraiser
- Explorers Car Wash
- ▼ April (19)