• Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings.
• Walk in well-lit areas; populated areas; avoid cut-through paths.
• Try to park in busy, well-lit areas and avoid parking beside large vehicles.
• Lock your car doors, and place all valuables in the trunk or under the seats.
• Avoid carrying large sums of cash, pay with a check or credit cards.
• Keep your purse closed and close to your body and/or carry your wallet in an
inside coat or front pants pocket.
• Don’t display presents under the tree where they can be seen from a window.
• Keep all windows and doors locked when you are away from home.
• If out of town, stop mail and newspaper deliveries and place a light on a timer,
this will give the appearance of someone being home.
• Have a trusted neighbor to keep an eye on your residence.
The Prince George’s County Police Department would like to wish everyone a safe and happy upcoming holiday season.