Prince George's County, Maryland… As a part of the ongoing efforts to foster positive partnerships between the police, citizens and local businesses, the Prince George’s County Police Department’s District III COPS office, working in partnership with the MISR Shrine Temple, and members of the Suitland Civic Association, will host Suitland Day this Saturday at Drew Freeman Middle School.
Suitland Day 2010 will consist of various activities and entertainment to include informative sessions on Department sponsored youth programs, appearances by the Department’s Rhythm in Blues jazz band, Motorcycle unit, K-9 unit, and Aviation unit. Free health care screenings will be provided by the Health Department. The objective of this event is to create a cohesive and fun day in an effort to promote open dialog amongst the various cultures in Suitland and its Police COPS officers.
Who: Prince George’s County Executive, Jack B. Johnson
Prince George’s County Police Chief, Roberto L. Hylton
Prince George’s County Police, District III COPS
Suitland Civic Association President, Ms. Elsie Jacobs
When: Saturday, May 8, 2010
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Drew Freeman Middle School (Front grounds area)
2600 Brooks Drive
Suitland, Maryland 20746
Members of the media are encouraged to attend. For more information, contact the Prince George’s County Police Department’s District III COPS unit at (301) 772-4920 or the Public Affairs Division at (301) 772-4710.
- ► 2015 (226)
- ► 2014 (460)
- ► 2013 (525)
- ► 2012 (632)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Identity of Suspect Sought in Chevy Chase Bank Rob...
- Identity of Suspect Sought in Upper Marlboro Area ...
- Identity of Suspect Sought in Largo Area Bank Robb...
- Newly Formed PGPD Traffic Enforcement Unit to Focu...
- 2nd Annual Youth Explosion a Huge Success!
- Prince George’s County Alcoholic Beverages – Enter...
- PGPD Ambassadors Play at Drew Freeman Middle Schoo...
- BUCKS FOR BUCKLING UP Personal Responsibility Reap...
- PGPD to Host Second Annual Youth Explosion
- PGPD Participates In 14th Annual Law Enforcement ...
- PGPD and COPS Team up for Families of Fallen Offic...
- FOP Lodge 89 Memorial Service
- National Police Week Events 2010 Update
- The Prince George's County Response System Open Ho...
- An Example of Good Community Policing
- O'Malley Announces 8-percent Drop in Maryland Crim...
- Prince George's County Police will participate in ...
- PGPD Ambassador Basketball Team vs. School Teams& ...
- The Command Officers' Association Memorial Candlel...
- PGPD to Host Suitland Community Day 2010
- ▼ May (20)