Let us pause to remember our Fallen Hero, Officer Raymond Hubbard, lost this day in 1982 while attempting to apprehend armed robbery suspects in King Sector.
Ofc. Hubbard was born on January 1, 1954 in Warner Robbins, Georgia. He served with honor and distinction in the United States Air Force, attaining the rank of Staff Sergeant before being honorably discharged in January, 1979. Immediately thereafter, Ofc. Hubbard joined the Alexandria Police Department and served with that agency for the next 14 months. On April 7, 1980, Ofc. Hubbard joined the Prince George’s County Police Department and was subsequently assigned to the Oxon Hill Station.
On February 8, 1982, at approximately 1800 hours, Ofc. Hubbard was shopping at Iverson Mall located at 3737 Branch Avenue in Temple Hills, Maryland, while off-duty. He observed an armed robbery in progress at the Kay Jewelers being committed by several armed suspects. Ofc. Hubbard immediately drew his service weapon and challenged the suspects as they exited the establishment. The suspects refused to surrender and an exchange of gunfire ensued, during which Ofc. Hubbard was fatally wounded..
Ofc. Hubbard served the Prince George’s County Police Department for two years and was the 12th member of this Agency to make the Ultimate Sacrifice. He was the 19th law enforcement officer to give his life while serving this Profession within Prince George’s County, Maryland.
At the time of his death, Officer Raymond Hubbard was 28 years old and survived by his mother.
- December (8)
- November (43)
- October (42)
- September (33)
- August (47)
- July (42)
- June (49)
- May (44)
- April (44)
- March (41)
- February (57)
- January (35)
- December (34)
- November (31)
- October (54)
- September (50)
- August (67)
- July (61)
- June (54)
- May (70)
- April (67)
- March (36)
- February (44)
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (59)
- October (47)
- September (59)
- August (62)
- July (25)
- June (45)
- May (45)
- April (21)
- March (23)
- 2010 Ironteam Competion Highlights
- PGPD Partnership with Radio One for "Stop the Viol...
- How to Access PGPD Web and Social Media Network Si...
- Prince George's Officer Saves Man from Burning Hou...
- PGPD Teams Up With Radio One to "Stop the Violence...
- PGPD Makes 85 DUI Arrests For The Month Of January...
- PGPD Teams Up with Radio One to "Stop the Violence...
- Wanted for Residential Armed Robbery CCN 11-041-13...
- Fallen Hero- Officer William W. Gullett Jr. (02/16...
- Wanted for Commercial Armed Robbery-El Cordoves Gr...
- Officers, Civilians and Community Honored during C...
- Fallen Hero-Officer Raymond Hubbard (02/08/82)
- PGPD Announces Arrest in Robbery on University Bou...
- Most Wanted-African Heritage Braiding Salon
- PGPD to Hold Chief’s Quarterly Awards Ceremony Rec...
- Police Athletic League Host Video Game Tournament ...
- Fallen Hero Officer Antonio M. Kelsey (02/02/80)
- January (16)