Prince George’s County Maryland… The Prince George’s County Police Department’s Homicide Unit is investigating the homicide of 50 year-old Raymond Frederick Stewart, of the 5700 block of Marlboro Pike in Capitol Heights, Maryland. Stewart was pronounced dead yesterday afternoon at Prince George’s Hospital Center after being assaulted over the weekend in Capitol Heights, Maryland.
On July 10, 2011 at approximately 4:16 a.m., patrol officers responded to Prince George’s Hospital Center for a report of an assault. Upon arrival, officers were informed that Raymond Stewart and two other males, ages 19 and 29, were victims of an assault.
Preliminary investigation revealed that on July 9th at approximately 10:40 p.m., the victims were in the 4100 block of Southern Avenue when they were assaulted by several male suspects. All three victims were transported to Prince George’s Hospital Center suffering from trauma to their bodies. Raymond Stewart was admitted to the intensive care unit for his injuries; while the other two victims were treated and released. Detectives are working to identify the suspect(s) and establish a motive in this case.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Prince George’s County Police Department’s Homicide Unit at (301) 772-4925. Callers wishing to remain anonymous may call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411 TIPS (8477) or text “PGPD plus your message” to CRIMES (274637) on your cell phone or go to http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/police/ and submit a tip online.
- ► 2020 (169)
- ► 2019 (359)
- ► 2018 (309)
- ► 2017 (356)
- ► 2016 (358)
- ► 2015 (423)
- ► 2014 (460)
- ► 2013 (524)
- ► 2012 (632)
- Police Make Quick Arrest in Homicide on Oxman Road
- Police Investigate Homicide on Oxman Road
- Retired Police K-9 Passes Away
- PGPD Hosts Chinese Delegation Tour of Police Headq...
- Police Make Quick Arrest in Homicide Investigation...
- Police Make Arrest in Homicide Investigation in Hy...
- PGPD to Participate in 28th Annual National Night Out
- Identity of Suspect Sought in College Park 7-Eleve...
- Police Arrest Two in Copper Theft and Sale Operation
- Identity of Suspect Sought in Attempt Bank Robbery...
- PGPD to Host its Third Annual Leadership & Life Camp
- District III COPS host 3rd Annual Day of Peace
- Police Seek Identity of Suspect in Capitol One Ban...
- Police Seek Assistance in Identifying 7-Eleven Rob...
- Police Seek Assistance in CVS Armed Robbery
- Identity of Suspect Sought in Capitol One Bank Rob...
- PGPD District IV Hosts Community Walk on Marcy Avenue
- PGPD Announces Quick Arrests in Homicide on Living...
- PGPD District IV to Host “Community Walk” in Oxon ...
- Police Investigate Homicide in Capitol Heights
- Identity of Suspects Sought in Budget Inn Shooting...
- Commercial Armed Robbery( Dollar Tree)
- Commercial Armed Robbery( Landover Liquors)
- Smooth Operator Program Roll Over Crash Demonstration
- Mark Magaw sworn in as Prince George's County Poli...
- ▼ July (25)