On February 22, 2012 at approximately noon, the Prince George's County Police Department issued a Maryland Uniform Complaint and Citation for an unsafe lane change (21-309b / $90) and a written warning for excessive speed to Prince George's County Council Member Karen Toles for violations observed by a uniformed patrol officer operating a marked police cruiser on the Capital Beltway near Branch Avenue.
The issuance of a warning citation for the speed is consistent with the typical discretion applied by police officers to speeding motorists. The traffic violations were captured on the police officer's in-car camera, and the incident will be subject to command review. At the moment, the video is evidence in a pending District Court traffic case, and will not be released.
- December (10)
- November (43)
- October (42)
- September (33)
- August (47)
- July (42)
- June (49)
- May (44)
- April (44)
- March (41)
- February (57)
- January (35)
- December (34)
- November (31)
- October (54)
- September (50)
- August (67)
- July (61)
- June (54)
- May (70)
- April (67)
- March (36)
- PGPD Discusses Council Member Traffic Stop
- Suspects Wanted in Commercial Armed Robbery in Dis...
- Statement on Council Member Traffic Stop
- PGPD to Host Senior Citizens’ Safety Seminar
- PGPD Remembers Sergeant John L. Bagileo (2/28/1994...
- Suspect Sought in Multiple Bank Robberies
- Inside a Criminal Mastermind | Jason Scott
- PGPD Remembers Fallen Officer Carroll D. Garrison ...
- PGPD Remembers Sgt. Joseph K. Brown (2/19/1966)
- Suspects Wanted in Robbery on Livingston Road
- PGPD Officers Aid Citizens During Apartment Fire i...
- PGPD Release Surveillance Video of 7-11 Robbery in...
- Suspects Wanted in Armed Robbery in Clinton
- Prince George’s County Police Conducts Fifth Car S...
- Fallen Hero- Officer William W. Gullett, Jr. (02/1...
- UPDATE: PGPD Looking for Missing Man
- Suspects Wanted in Armed Robbery in Suitland
- WANTED: Identity of Suspect Sought in Attempt Arme...
- Identity of Suspect Sought in Armed Robbery of She...
- Police Make Arrest in Non-Fatal Shooting on 85th A...
- PGPD Officers Honored for Heroic Rescue at Apartme...
- Identity of Suspects Sought in Armed Robbery of 7-...
- PGPD Officers to be Honored for Apartment Building...
- Police Investigate Murder on 61st Place
- Police Seek Identity of Suspect in Armed Robbery o...
- PGPD Announces Results of the 2012 January Initiat...
- Carlos F. Acosta Named Inspector General for Princ...
- PGPD Officer arrested for DUI in St. Mary’s County...
- PGPD Fallen Hero: Officer Raymond Hubbard (02/08/8...
- Police Investigate Murder on 85th Avenue
- Police Investigate Murder on 78th Avenue
- PGPD to Announce Results from January Crime Initia...
- PGPD Hosted the 1st Annual Police Explorers Banque...
- PGPD Inspector General and Director of Media Relat...
- Warrant Obtained for Third Suspect in Old Fort Roa...
- PGPD Announces Investigative Discovery in Police-I...
- PGPD and Alexandria Police to hold Joint Press Con...
- (UPDATE) PGPD Investigates Police-Involved Shootin...
- Wanted for Citizen Armed Robbery in Beltsville
- PGPD Investigates Police-Involved Shooting in Bren...
- Police Seek Information in Residential Robbery of ...
- PGPD to Host 1st Annual Police Explorers Banquet
- PGPD Fallen Hero: Officer Antonio M. Kelsey (02-02...
- Police Investigate Murder on Metzerott Road
- January (64)
- December (66)
- November (59)
- October (47)
- September (59)
- August (62)
- July (25)
- June (45)
- May (45)
- April (21)
- March (23)
- February (17)
- January (16)