Leroy Earl-Morris Daley
The man behind a series of bank robberies that detectives named the “Hashtag String” is now in custody thanks to an alert Prince George’s County Police Department Robbery Sergeant and his unit.
The suspect, 45 year-old Leroy Earl-Morris Daley of the 8000 block of Allendale Drive in Palmer Park, is believed to be linked to at least nine robberies, in both Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties since September 2015. The investigation reveals Daley targeted four banks just yesterday, including one around 10:45 am in the 8200 block of Annapolis Road in New Carrollton.
At 2:20 pm, a Robbery Unit Sergeant leaving a restaurant in Glenarden spotted a Toyota Corolla matching the lookout for the serial bank robber’s car. Minutes after calling for back-up, Prince George’s County Police detectives had Daley in custody.
The suspect will likely be charged with the following five bank robberies in Prince George's County:
· September 25, 2015, around 10:30 am in the 7700 block of Landover Road in Landover
· December 21, 2015, around 11:25 am in the 10800 block of Baltimore Avenue in Beltsville
· January 9, 2016, around 9:30 am in the 10600 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Highway in Bowie
· February 23, 2016, around 12:00 pm in the 8900 block of Apollo Drive in Upper Marlboro
· March 10, 2016, around 10:45 am In the 8200 block of Annapolis Road in New Carrollton
In the above listed robberies, the suspect passed notes to the tellers demanding money. Those notes included various hashtags – including #nopolice, #becarefull (sic) and #Afterwork?☠.
Anyone with information on this investigation is asked to call the CID/Robbery Unit at 301-772-4905. Callers can remain anonymous by calling CRIME SOLVERS at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477). You may also text “PGPD plus your message” to CRIMES (274637) on your cell phone or go to www.pgcrimesolvers.com and submit a tip online.