Prince George’s County, Maryland… The Prince George’s County Police Department’s Special Investigative Response Team is investigating a police involved shooting that occurred in Bowie, Maryland.
On June 14, 2010 at approximately 10:04 a.m., an off-duty Prince George’s County Police Officer observed a robbery in progress near the 6900 block of Laurel-Bowie Road. While attempting to make an apprehension, a struggle ensued between the police officer and one of the suspects. When the suspect tried to take the police officer’s service weapon, it discharged causing minor injuries to the officer and the suspect.
Tarintini Jean-Louis, 26, of the 200 block of Clarkson Avenue in Brooklyn, New York, was charged with Robbery, Conspiracy to Commit Robbery, First and Second Degree Assault, Second Degree Assault of a Law Enforcement Officer, Attempting to Disarm a Law Enforcement Officer and Resisting Arrest. Bernard Hasan Tyler, 20, of the 4500 block of Russell Avenue in Mt. Rainier, Maryland, was also charged with Robbery and Conspiracy to Commit Robbery. A third suspect fled the area in a dark green Mazda vehicle with tinted windows.
The officer has been identified as Corporal Edward King, a 22 year veteran assigned to the Bureau of Patrol. He has been placed on administrative leave as a result of this incident.
“This was a courageous act by one of our own. In the wake of the murder of Maryland State Trooper Brown, this is just another reminder of the constant danger law enforcement officers across the country experience while carrying out their duties as protectors of the community,” said Prince George’s County Police Chief Roberto Hylton.
Anyone with additional information about this case is asked to call the Prince George’s County Police Department’s Special Investigative Response Team at (301) 856-2660 or the Press Information Office at (301) 772-4710.
- ► 2014 (310)
- ► 2013 (525)
- ► 2012 (632)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Identity of Suspect Sought in M&T Armed Bank Robbe...
- PGPD to Partner with Metro Latino Aids Coalition f...
- PGPD Holds Open House Event at Oxon Hill Station
- Casa de Maryland Multicultural Center Grand Openin...
- Chief's Awards Ceremony Highlights Police Officers...
- PGPD to Host its Second Annual Leadership & Life C...
- Chief's Quarterly Awards Ceremony Recognizes Depar...
- Prince George's County Police Department's Police ...
- PGPD To Hold Open House Event In Oxon Hill
- Departmental Shooting during an Attempt Robbery
- Two Suspects Arrested in the Murder of Maryland St...
- Suspects Sought in Armored Car Robbery
- Aviation Unit In Action
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics a S...
- Identity of Suspects Sought in Forestville Armed R...
- ▼ June (15)