Prince George's County, Maryland …The Prince George’s County Police Department’s District I Station and the Metro Latino Aids Coalition (MLAC) will be working together this Sunday to educate the Langley Park community about HIV and AIDS during the National HIV testing day.
There are increasing numbers of Latino community members becoming infected by the disease, and with the growing population the numbers of those infected could continue to increase. Along with safety and security, the Department considers the well being and health of its communities also as an utmost importance.
A mobile unit will be in the area conducting blood testing from the Mary’s Center along with organizations present to conduct Rapid Oral tests at the District I COPS office. The event is free to the public.
Who: District I Acting Commander, Captain Cesar Pacheco
District I COPS Officers
La Clinica de Pueblo
National Institute of Health – Vaccine Research Center
EL ZOL Radio Station 99.1FM
When: Sunday, June 27, 2010
Time: 11:00a.m. – 3:00p.m.
Where: District I COPS Office
8011 New Hampshire Avenue
Langley Park, Maryland 20783
Members of the media are invited. For more information, contact the Prince George’s County Police Department’s Press Information Office at (301) 772-4710.
- ► 2016 (293)
- ► 2015 (423)
- ► 2014 (460)
- ► 2013 (525)
- ► 2012 (632)
- ► 2011 (485)
- Identity of Suspect Sought in M&T Armed Bank Robbe...
- PGPD to Partner with Metro Latino Aids Coalition f...
- PGPD Holds Open House Event at Oxon Hill Station
- Casa de Maryland Multicultural Center Grand Openin...
- Chief's Awards Ceremony Highlights Police Officers...
- PGPD to Host its Second Annual Leadership & Life C...
- Chief's Quarterly Awards Ceremony Recognizes Depar...
- Prince George's County Police Department's Police ...
- PGPD To Hold Open House Event In Oxon Hill
- Departmental Shooting during an Attempt Robbery
- Two Suspects Arrested in the Murder of Maryland St...
- Suspects Sought in Armored Car Robbery
- Aviation Unit In Action
- Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics a S...
- Identity of Suspects Sought in Forestville Armed R...
- ▼ June (15)