The Prince George’s County Police Department and the Maryland Chapter of the Hispanic National Law Enforcement Association (HNLEA) distributed food baskets to the local community on December 14, 2012. Citizens from across the region visited the satellite police office on New Hampshire Avenue in Langley Park, where members of the PGPD and local volunteers gave out 1,000 food baskets to families in need. An area doctor volunteered to give free medical exams, and 150 people received a free flu shot. This annual event, which featured Spanish radio station Romantica 900, was organized by HNLEA and the Prince George's County Police Department. HNLEA is a non-profit organization of professionals involved in the administration of justice and dedicated to the advancement of Hispanic and minority interests within the law enforcement profession. HNLEA Executive Director Luis Rodriguez said, “Twelve years ago we started this as a gesture of good will between the police department and the community, in order to bridge the gap that was prevalent in the community. That first year we gave out twenty food baskets from a local apartment, and over time, it has evolved into something much bigger.”
- ► 2017 (340)
- ► 2016 (359)
- ► 2015 (423)
- ► 2014 (460)
- ► 2013 (525)
- PGPD Provides Update on Critical Missing Man
- PGPD Investigates Murder in Capitol Heights
- PGPD Inspector General Carlos Acosta Speaks at Int...
- Happy Holidays from the PGPD
- PGPD Investigates Murder in Oxon Hill
- PGPD Honors Police Officers of the Month for Novem...
- PGPD Announces 35% Drop in Homicide Rate, Overall ...
- PGPD Investigates Murder in Seat Pleasant
- Arrest Attempt Ends in Barricade in Adelphi
- PGPD Investigates Robbery in Fort Washington
- PGPD to Announce Historic 2012 Crime Reductions
- PGPD Citizens’ Police Academy Graduation
- PGPD Teams with Hispanic Partners to Organize Food...
- PGPD Informs Public About Active Shooter Preparedn...
- PGPD Investigates Murder in Lanham
- PGPD, Other Public Safety Agencies to Provide Chri...
- PGPD Teams Up with The Junkies on DUI Education & ...
- UPDATE - PGPD Investigates Fatal Pedestrian Collis...
- PGPD Delivers Food Baskets to Seniors
- PGPD Announces “Gift Cards for Guns” Event
- PGPD Investigates Armored Truck Robbery
- PGPD Arrests Teacher Suspected of Sexually Assault...
- PGPD Loses Oldest Serving Crossing Guard
- PGPD Arrests Seven Drunk Drivers Over Weekend
- PGPD Homicide Detective Prevents Possible Homicide...
- PGPD Investigates Bank Robbery in Largo
- PGPD Arrests Suspect in Chapel Oaks Shooting
- UPDATE - PGPD Investigates Murder in Lewisdale
- PGPD Targets Drunk Drivers This Weekend
- PGPD Investigates Non-Fatal Shooting in Chapel Oak...
- Next PGPD TweetAlong Scheduled: COPS Officers Patr...
- PGPD Collecting Donations for Annual Food Basket P...
- PGPD to Host Annual Christmas Party for Deserving ...
- PGPD TweetAlongs Scheduled: Special Operations Div...
- ▼ December (34)
- ► 2011 (485)