Prince George’s County, Maryland…Prince George's County Police Department, county officials, and neighborhood civic groups will come together in observance of the 27th Annual “National Night Out”.
On Tuesday, August 3, 2010 from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. residents in Prince George's County are asked to turn on their exterior lights and spend the evening outdoors with their neighbors. There will be numerous events throughout Prince George’s County to commemorate this event.
National Night Out, an annual event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch, is designed to strengthen our communities by encouraging neighborhoods to engage in stronger relationships amongst each other and with their local law enforcement partners. “Our goal is to heighten crime-prevention awareness, build support and participation in local anti-crime programs and most importantly, send a message that our neighborhoods are organized and fighting back against crime,” stated Chief of Police Roberto Hylton.
For further information on National Night Out events, please contact the Prince George’s County Police Press Information Office at (301) 772-4710.
- ► 2016 (359)
- ► 2015 (423)
- ► 2014 (460)
- ► 2013 (525)
- ► 2012 (632)
- ► 2011 (485)
- PGPD to Participate in CRIME TIME - Get Home Safel...
- Police Seek Assistance in Identifying Suspect in A...
- Police Make Arrest in Sexual Assault on Rochelle A...
- Police Seek Information in Fatal Pedestrian Hit-an...
- PGPD Investigate A Series Of Thefts On Central Ave...
- PGPD to host school supply give away at District I...
- Maryland State Highway Dedication Ceremony for P...
- PGPD to Participate in "Welcome Back Night" in Col...
- Fallen Hero Dedication Ceremony
- Identity of Suspect Sought in PNC Bank Robbery
- PGPD Participates in 27th Annual National Night Ou...
- 27th Annual "National Night Out"
- ▼ August (12)