The Prince George’s County Police Department will host its second “Gift Cards for Guns” event this coming Saturday. In an effort to further reduce gun violence in Prince George’s County, the department will accept firearms from citizens who want to voluntarily surrender them. Firearms (new or used) need not be functional. In return, citizens will receive a gift card valued up to $100. The PGPD has partnered with the NAACP and the Prince George’s County Youth Strategies Division in this effort. Participating citizens should place all submitting firearms, unloaded, in the trunk of their vehicles. A uniformed police officer will greet them at the door and provide further directions. Unwanted ammunition may be submitted as well. During the first event in June, more than 100 gift cards were given out in exchange for firearms.
Who: The Prince George’s County Police Department
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
Prince George’s County Youth Strategies Division
When: Saturday, September 8, 2012
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Where: Oxon Hill United Methodist Church
6400 Livingston Road
Oxon Hill, Maryland 20745
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (423)
- ► 2014 (460)
- ► 2013 (525)
- PGPD Takes Part in National Prescription Drug Take...
- Prince George’s County Police Chief Mark Magaw to ...
- PGPD Arrests Two Suspects in 2011 Murder in Oxon H...
- PGPD Honors Corporal Brockington
- Water Jug Leads to Arrest
- PGPD to Extinguish PGFD in “Grill Off” at Taste of...
- PGPD Participates in “Redskins Read Across Prince ...
- PGPD Investigates String of Liquor Store Robberies...
- PGPD Holds Community Meeting to Discuss Marckel Ro...
- PGPD Wins Third Place in Motorcycle Rodeo
- PGPD Honored For DUI Enforcement
- P.A.L. Cooks with Top Chef Contestant
- PGPD Hosts Annual Iron Team Endurance Competition
- Police Make Arrest in Stalking Case
- PGPD Participates in Kettering Community Walk
- Suspect Charged with Bank Robbery in Bowie
- PGPD Investigates Attack of Elderly Man
- Details of iPhone Scam Arrests
- Dear Friend of the PGPD Passes Away
- Gunman Shoots at Police, Investigation Underway
- PGPD Arrests Two Suspects in iPhone Scam
- Car Show Honors Fallen Heroes
- PGPD Responds to Civil Lawsuit
- Suspect Identified in Capitol Heights Murder
- Search for Armed Carjacking Suspects
- Zion Church in Landover to Host Lunch for District...
- Kettering Murder Community Outreach
- PGPD Attends Back to School Night at Central HS
- Police Seek Assistance Locating Missing Person (Ge...
- Photos From The Heroes Gala
- Arrest in Fencing Operation Run Out of Beltsville ...
- Bank Robbery Arrest in Clinton
- Police Investigate Murder in Capitol Heights
- PGPD Honors 9/11 First Responders
- Gift Cards for Guns Event a Success
- Police Search for Suspects in Robbery at Shopping ...
- LIFE-SAVING ADVICE: SURVIVING A MASS SHOOTING
- PGPD Corporal Recognized for Achievement in Traffi...
- Arrest in Murder of Shavon Phillips
- Two Arrests in Hyattsville Stabbing
- PGPD Holds Community Meeting to Discuss Kettering ...
- PGPD Searches for Suspect Wanted in Bank Robberies...
- UPDATE-DNA Match Leads to Arrest in Senior Citizen...
- PGPD Padlocking Rendezvous Banquet Hall
- Crossing Guard Unit Honored for Service (Photo Gal...
- Unity in the Community Beyond Borders
- PGPD to Conduct Sobriety Checkpoint in Lanham Area...
- PGPD Announces “Gift Cards for Guns” Event
- Honoring PGPD's Crossing Guard Unit
- Suspect Wanted for Bank Robbery in New Carrollton
- ▼ September (50)
- ► 2011 (485)