It’s Trick-or-Treat time! To help parents and children in our community have an enjoyable Halloween, we offer the following safety tips:
For Trick-or-Treaters and Parents:
· Wear a costume that makes it easy for you to walk in and to be seen in.
· An adult should always accompany smaller children.
· Older children should travel in groups.
· Know the route your child intends to take, and set a time that they should return home.
· Carry a flashlight and make sure that some sort of reflective material is incorporated into the costume.
· Utilize sidewalks when available and try to stay in well-lit areas. Never dart out between parked cars. Always cross at corners and crosswalks.
· An outside light on front of a house is usually a sign that trick-or-treaters are welcome. Avoid going to houses that are not lit.
· Drive slowly! Be aware that young trick-or-treaters may dart out from between parked cars.
· Do not drive a vehicle while wearing a mask of any sort. Your visibility could be obscured.
· Stop at all crosswalks.
We hope your Halloween is both enjoyable and safe.
Post a Comment