To help parents and children have a safe and enjoyable Halloween, we offer the following safety tips:
For Trick-or-Treaters and Parents:
- Wear a costume that makes it easy for you to walk in and to be seen in.
- An adult should always accompany smaller children.
- Older children should travel in groups.
- Know the route your child intends to take, and set a time that they should return home.
- Carry a flashlight and make sure that some sort of reflective material is incorporated into the costume.
- Utilize sidewalks when available and try to stay in well-lit areas. Never dart out between parked cars. Always cross at corners and crosswalks.
- An outside light on front of a house is usually a sign that trick-or-treaters are welcome. Avoid going to houses that are not lit.
For Traveling Motorists:
- Drive slowly! Be aware that young trick-or-treaters may dart out from between parked cars.
- Do not drive a vehicle while wearing a mask of any sort. Your visibility could be obscured.
- Stop at all crosswalks.
Please do not drink and drive. Should you need a ride, please call the Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP) Sober Ride free cab service program between the hours of 10:00 pm on Wednesday, October 31 and 4:00 am on Thursday, November 1 at 1-800-200-TAXI. Find more info at www.soberride.com.
Coming up with a creative disguise doesn't mean that safety needs to be forgotten, so here are some safety tips to keep in mind.
October 31 can be a chilly night so make sure that costumes are loose enough to be worn over warm clothing but not so baggy or long that trick or treaters can trip over their costumes.
Trick-or-treaters should wear sturdy walking shoes.
Choose brightly-coloured costumes that will be clearly visible to motorists. For greater visibility, add or incorporate reflective tape into the costume.
Make-up and face paint are better than wearing masks which can restrict breathing and/or vision. If you choose to use a mask make sure it is one that allows the child to see and breathe easily.
Swords, knives and similar accessories should be made of soft, flexible material. 00M-657, 000-318, 000-283, Download Demo
Post a Comment