The Prince George’s County Police Department is recognized for its efforts to keep County roads safe.
The Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP) recognized the police department for its fight against drunk and drugged driving as well as stopping underage drinking.
The Commander of the Special Operations Division, accepted the award at WRAP’s Annual Luncheon Meeting and WRAPPY Awards event in Washington, DC on Friday, October 19. This is the first time the Prince George’s County Police Department has received this prestigious recognition.
WRAP is a non-profit, award-winning public-private partnership working to prevent drunk driving and underage drinking in the Washington metropolitan area.
WRAP is credited with keeping the metro area’s alcohol-related traffic deaths consistently lower than the national average. WRAP is commemorating its 30th year.
Friday, October 19, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2022 (293)
- ► 2021 (333)
- ► 2020 (315)
- ► 2019 (358)
- ► 2018 (309)
- ► 2017 (355)
- ► 2016 (358)
- ► 2015 (423)
- ► 2014 (460)
- ► 2013 (524)
- PGPD Seeks Assistance in Locating Critical Missing...
- PGPD District I Events Cancelled
- PGPD Hosts Bike-A-Long
- PGPD Honors Officers of the Month
- PGPD to Hold Car Seat Check in Beltsville
- PGPD Investigates Fatal Accident in Capitol Heights
- UPDATE-PGPD Charges Woman for Making False Report
- Update on Investigation of Auto Theft/Abducted Chi...
- PGPD Searching for Auto Theft/Child Abduction Suspect
- PGPD Provides Safety Tips for Potential Severe Wea...
- PGPD Searches for Suspects Using Stolen Credit Car...
- Individuals Indicted for Involvement in POFC Morri...
- PGPD Offers Safety Tips for Halloween
- PGPD Announces Joint Effort to Help Domestic Assau...
- PGPD Searches for Murder Suspect
- Funeral Arrangements for Police Officer First Clas...
- Newly Sworn PGPD Officer Pops the Question at Grad...
- PGPD Participates in READesign Library Makeover Pr...
- PGPD Hosts Community Forum
- PGPD Collecting Coats for Those in Need
- PGPD Conducts Operation Seeking Information in the...
- PGPD Investigates Pedestrian Hit and Run in Adelphi
- PGPD Honored for DUI Enforcement Efforts
- Chief Magaw Provides Update on Fatal Departmental ...
- PGPD Operation to Engage Morning Commuters on Marc...
- PGPD Availability Regarding POFC Bowden
- PGPD Mourns the Loss of POFC Kevin Bowden
- News Conference - PGPD to Provide Update in Police...
- PGPD Conducts Car Seat Check
- PGPD Investigates Armed Robbery in College Park
- UPDATE-PGPD Working to Enhance Traffic Safety
- PGPD Investigates Murder in Hillcrest Heights
- PGPD Investigates Gas Station Robbery
- PGPD Arrests Suspect in College Park Robberies
- PGPD Officers Recognized For Work to Reduce Gun Vi...
- *Meeting Postponed* PGPD to Discuss New District V...
- PGPD Investigates Homicide in Palmer Park
- Sugar Ray Leonard Returns to Palmer Park to Partne...
- PGPD Investigates College Park Robberies
- Domestic Incident Leads to Arrest
- DNA Match Leads to Murder Arrest
- PGPD Voted as 2012 "Grill Off" Champions
- PGPD and the NAACP Partner with Hometown Hero Suga...
- District II Arrests Two Suspects in Residential Bu...
- PGPD Officers Receive National Recognition
- PGPD Investigates Police-Involved Shooting in Blad...
- PGPD Arrests Man for Sex Offense
- PGPD Shares Video Detailing New Traffic Laws
- PGPD's Inspector General Sits on ABA Panel
- PGPD Breaking Ground on New District VII Station
- Police Seek Information in Fatal Hit-and-Run Colli...
- PGPD to Co-Host a Community Emergency Preparedness...
- UPDATE - Citizen Robbery Caught on Surveillance Ca...
- PGPD Conducts Car Seat Check-up in Bowie
- ▼ October (54)
- ► 2011 (485)
Post a Comment