Friday, December 16, 2011

PGPD Partners with the United States Marine Corps Reserves to Host “Toys for Tots”

Prince George's County, Maryland…The Prince George’s County Police Department’s Community Services Division and members of the United States Marine Corps Reserves will partner together this weekend to host the “Toys for Tots” program in Prince George’s County. Each year, the “Toys for Tots” program collects new, unwrapped toys and distributes them as Christmas gifts to children in need during the holiday season. Over 30,000 toys will be distributed this weekend.

Participants must have pre-registered prior to December 6, 2011 to attend the event. Deputy Chief Administrative Officer for Public Safety Barry L. Stanton and Chief of Police Mark A. Magaw will be on hand Saturday morning to help distribute toys to participating families.

Who: Deputy Chief Administrative Officer for Public Safety Barry L. Stanton
Chief of Police Mark A. Magaw
United States Marine Corps Reserves
Local Community and Civic Leaders

When: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 18, 2011, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Where: Prince George’s County Police Department Headquarters
7600 Barlowe Road
Landover, MD 20785

Members of the media are encouraged to attend. For more information, contact the Prince George’s County Police Department’s Community Services Division at (301)-909-7126.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to know why i was not notified of the pick up site for toys for tots. I live in Hyattsville MD, and I've been trying to find out if I had to pick up the toys or if they would be droped off. This is my first time applying for toys for my five children. I need to know if it is too late to still try and pick up the toys. My email is asiaday752@gmail.com. My phoone number is (301)364-7716 Please somebody get back to me.

Blog Archive