Saturday, May 25, 2013

PGPD Arrests Suitland Man for Child Abuse

Updated May 25, 2013:  The victim died from his injuries on May 23, 2013.  He is identified as two-year-old Jamir Khaden Shipe of the 3800 block of Swann Road in Suitland.  The medical examiner ruled the death a homicide.  The charges against Clifton Bernard have been amended to first degree murder and related charges.  He remains in the custody of the Department of Corrections on a no bond status.

The Prince George’s County Police Department arrested a Suitland man for abusing a young child in his care.  He is identified as 26-year-old Clifton Edward Bernard of the 3800 block of Swann Road.

Clifton Edward Bernard

On May 22, 2013, at approximately 8:00 am, patrol officers were called to the 3800 block of Swann Road for the report of an unresponsive child.  The two-year-old child was taken to the hospital, where he remains in critical condition.  He is being treated for several injuries including head trauma. 

PGPD detectives interviewed Bernard who admitted to assaulting the child.  Bernard is in a relationship with the child’s biological mother.  Bernard is charged with attempted murder, first and second degree child abuse as well as first and second degree assault.  He is being held at the Department of Corrections on a no bond status.

For more information, please contact the Prince George’s County Police Department’s Media Relations Division at 301-772-4710.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a MONSTER and I pray justice is served this is senseless this animal has no reason for harming a 2 yr old child! it makes no sense to beat this baby to death..u mr Clifton will pay for the awful think you did

Anonymous said...

Great job by the mighty homicide unit!!! Rest in peace young fella

Anonymous said...

Dellany and Brooks investigated my son geting shot in 2008 and they did the dam thing then! I'm a close friend of the baby mother and when she told me them two was working I new it was a rap! God keep my angel in your wings and send that bastard to the hell fire! Amen Jesus

Lady D

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with the mother and family of that baby...I pray daily for our police officers and Troops. My daughter was a victim of a piece of shit like that trash who murdered that innocent,and defenseless, baby. I'm trying to find me a lawyer who will help me get justice for my daughter. This piece of shit assaulted my daughter along with his friend in 2011 while she was driving. He id currently in prison for an unrelated charge he picked up hours after he was released from a 10 years sentence. He had to turn himself into the U.S. Marshall 12/11. He doing fine in prison and his friend is doing well. His friend was arrested on 12/31/12 for operating a car while on drugs and alcohol causing a car accident leaving another fighting for their life. While they are fine , my daughter has severe traumatic brain injury, severe respiratory failure and she feeds from a tube. The trash as I said is currently in jail. My daughter met this trash in May 2011 and was fighting for her life August 2011. He has an open warrant from 2003 still active as I write this.My daughter was 25 years old when this happen to her, Her career was blooming at The department of homeland security. The department promoted her while she was in a coma. I feel like she deserve justice and I pray daily God will send someone to help me get it for her. I pray God and everyone on this blog forgive me for some of the language I used when writing this but my heart is so heavy behind all this I get ugly sometime when speaking on it. Also the doctors says my daughter will never recover from this injury that is very hurtful also. God bless you all and be safe.

Anonymous said...

Omg shame on him for doing that to that lil angel that GOD up above created my heart goes out to the family especially the mother but it makes you wonder if he abused the mother cause of what he did to this helpless baby then you he had to be abusing the mother. But no matter what ain't no man/women worth to me to let anybody watch my child especially somebody I'm dating so to that being said every man/ women needs to be aware and don't leave your child with someone your dating cause for one they really don't want to be bothered with your child in the first place they just probably doing it just to close to you so be aware and always watch for signs clues with how your child reacts to that person especially if your don't want to go to that person even when your around is a huge red flag and if your child cries when you leave him/her with your mate is another sign to don't leave your child by all means. But he will be taken care in do time for doing what he did to that baby whom couldn't fight back so may GOD have mercy on his soul and too the family may GOD be with you all as you all go through this.


Take care and GOD BLESS

Blog Archive